Friday, January 12, 2007

Quickly...

My Branching Out scarf is coming along! :) After having to rip it out the other day Ive been sure to be careful with it this time round and so far so good! :) I cant wait until its finished! I will have to take a picture of it and show it off as it stands but Im going to be lazy and do it another day. Sorry I know everyone loves pictures!
So I started to read the first book for the TBR2007 challenge... What Im doing is knitting during the day and in the evening while Mark watches telly I sit on the bed with me wee light and read. Alot of people couldnt do that but Im alright with it.. Sure they say the best way to read is in silence but I dont mind the backround noise because I block it out! There have been a couple of times that Mark says something and then about 5 minutes later I look up and go "huh? did you say something to me?" I think he expects that though when Im reading.. when I knit however I listen to him and answer right away... :)
The book Im reading at the moment is Jodi Picoults Plain Truth so far so good! Im 123 pages into it and I dont want to put it down!! But I know that I have to because if I dont then I wont get any knitting down so I have to behave and NOT pick it up during the day.
I decided to knit in the day and read at night because the mistake that caused me to rip out the scarf was becuase I was knitting at night when the light isnt the best to look at the stitches and the directions though with my little reading light I have it just over hte pages and its a good bright light for a small area like a book... am I making excuses? no I am being honest....
Alright off to go get stuff for pizza tonight... YUM!

**btw Colin, no the socks arent shiny, thats the stupid flash off my camera playing games....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! If I just read all the time I can get some books done in a day - I don't and my reading time is before bed and it's usually only a chapter or two. If the noise isn't too distracting and the book is interesting, I can read. Oh, I can't wait to see your scarf.