Sunday, October 01, 2006

SP9 Questions and Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Pretty much all. Im easy. :)
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I HATE funky furs. *thats not animal fiber but I hate them*

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? The bags they come in and then in my knitting box, or big bag I have. I try not to loose them. hehe

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I have been knitting for about 2 years, and I taught myself from a book and online videos out of boredom and the want to make myself pretty things.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Depends I suppose. I am learning every day! :) But intermediate to advanced on most things. :)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No I dont. But there are two books I know I will eventually buy myself, Scarf Style and The knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns: Basic Designs in Mulitple Sizes and Gauges

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Vanilla. Cinnamon/Spice

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Its my downfall. :)
Favorite candy? Orange chocolate things, and peanut butter chocolate things.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I want to learn to properly use a sewing machine. But just knitting and some crochet at the moment.
Do you spin? No but I would LOVE to learn. :)

8. What kind of music do you like? Country, rock, soul, r&b, hip hop, pop, easy listening, pretty much all types.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes it does.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Pinks, purples, blues, naturals.
Any colors you just can't stand? Neon colours!

10. What is your family situation? Live with my bf. No kids.
Do you have any pets? No pets. :(

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Everything but ponchos.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Sweaters

13. What are you knitting right now? Top down v-neck raglan in grey Alpaca. Nearly finished and going to attempt a pair of socks on two circs working both at the same time toe up as well. :S Fingers crossed they turn out!

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I would love something someone took time to make me. :)

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Lately Circular needles. I tend to get plastic or aluminum purely because of the cost (ie they are cheaper)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No but my table end or knees come in great for that! :) HAHA

17. How old is your oldest UFO? I gave up and tossed out some norwegain socks I started back in the summer just went off of them. Other then that I ALWAYS finish what I make. I tend to only work on one project at a time as well.

18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas, because its a time that is spent with family (they dont celebrate thanksgivinging in the UK that used to be my second fav for the same reason)

19. Is there anything that you collect? Does yarn/wool count? :) Books. I love reading a good book.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? See answer 4. There are a couple of cook books that I will be asking for at xmas time. :) I cant think of any that I want and havent gotten myself yet. *I know, not a big help*
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Vouge knitting, Simply knitting *UK*, and I tend to buy the current issues of Interweave Knits as well. :)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I cant think of any. :)

22. Are you a sock knitter? Ive knit a couple pairs before but about to attempt my first two up two at a time on circs method. :) Hopefully that will fully convert me!
What are your foot measurements? 9in long. 9.5in round middle of foot.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) December 23

If theres anything else you would like to know, please leave me a message and let me know, I will be glad to answer!! :)

No comments: