Friday, November 03, 2006

Book worms attack!....

Well its gotten cold here now... Thankfully I knit my hat just in time as well!! :) Ive gotten comments while I have worn it how people like it and when they find out Ive knitted it say they would like one as well.. Thing is people have asked me to knit for them, I always turn them down. They offer to pay but yet I turn down why is this? Probably because no one realises the time and money it involves and while I knit for fun I never want it to feel like work. So thats why Im more easily to say no thanks I dont knit for others... Makes me sound highly selfish but I am more then happy to spend money of my own and time of my own and happily knit away and give a present to someone I know and love thats not a problem!! I just wont knit for people I dont know and offer to pay me becuase it seems like work in my mind..hmm.... Though one guy did comment on my hat said he liked it and had one similar at home. I said thats nice but you dont, becuase I made mine... His reply was "but yeah mines designer" I laughed and went may be, but so is mine, its a Jenn design because I did it all on my own thanks... he gave a smug smile and left it at that.... pft I dont care if you spent 100£ on a hat and I spent what 4£? I cant even remember what I paid for the skein.. but thats not me point.. me point is I MADE IT! HA!

So I still havent casted anything on my needles its been almost a week.. OMG! Whats wrong with me you ask? Ive turned into a book worm thats whats wrong.. that ever growing pile of books is starting to grow smaller... Ive read 2 books this week, well Im half way through the second one I know alot of people would have read it by now but I do read slightly slow even if Im always reading the book....

Book I read earlier this week was A Theory of Relativity by Jacwuely Mitchard I really liked the book, didnt want to put it down and couldnt wait till I woke up in the morning to finish reading it, which seems odd becuase I thought the book was scatter brained and sort of went from talking about one thing into talking about another thing. The story itself is about two families fighting for custody of this baby girl named Keefer. Her mommy and daddy died in a car accident and the moms brother (babys uncle) is one trying to get custody while cousins of the father are trying to fight for custody. Sad story but good. Would I recomend it? yep I would!

Book I am currently reading is The Divide by Nicholas Evans It is a story of a girl on the run from the FBI for acts of ecoterrorism, when finally found shes been murdered. Im just over half way through the book and again I dont really want to put this one down either... I just want to find out more and more... Its not normally a book I would buy but its from the same guy who wrote The Horse Whisperer and I remember reading that in highschool borrowing it off of my english teacher after whatching the film and JUST HAVING to read the book... I loved the book just as much if not more then the film.. And so far this book isnt a let down.. :)

Last night we had to go over to the bfs sisters house to return her computer that he fixed up for her and I found she had The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom I read Tuesdays With Morrie (again borrowed from my english teacher in highschool) and I really liked the book I think I actually have that one out front I remember buying it but I dont remember if I lent it to someone and never got it back Ill have to look another day... But anyways I have heard from many people about the five people you meet in heaven being a must read book. I have looked for it on ebay and when and if your able to find a copy goes for stupid amounts of money and I wont pay more then about 4£ for a book... So soon as I seen she had it I begged if I could borrow it and of course she said I could so thats my next book after I finish the one Im reading now.. :)

Alright theres me update, no knitting at the moment just lots and lots of reading....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wished I had time to read more and knit more. All I have to read are books I've read millions of times - right now it's Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Your books sound great. I've got to check them out.
-SP