Thursday, November 09, 2006

Cuteness and Sockness

I thought I would start this post off with something cute....

This little guy is at the very top of a tree on a TINY branch taking a nap... I was doing the dishes and looked out the window and there he was so I ran got the camera, opened the window and zoomed into getting him because he was in the neighbors tree on the other side of their yard... but aint he cute just sitting there sunning? :)

This is my swatch blocking for the pair of socks that Ive decided I wanted to make. Of course designing them myself with using the toe up formula from knitty.com...

OMG LOOK!!! That is my FIRST crochet cast on THAT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! And it came undone easily!! :) I found a site (cant remember where nor cant find it now) that said just crochet AROUND the needle and then your loops were already on them. Well I doubled the needle, ie held both ends together, and then crocheted around so that the crocheted cast on was nice and loose. This morning I took it off and was HAPPY with how easy it was and if I had to do it again I will because in the past I failed miserably each time Ive tried doing them...

Here is the first toe that I did, nearly finished with the short row shaping. I did each toe seperately to get ready to pick up the stitches and then I joined them together on my two circular needles. I was going to do both at the same time but just sort of started the first and kept working on it and then went OOPS! Ill do the second one when Im finished.... :)

Heres the two toes with the stitches picked up and the first row of the pattern worked and look at those BEAUTIFUL stitch markers. I was gifted those by Annarella Check her stuff out shes brilliant. :) .... But see those socks are being worked at the same time on two circular needles. Ive just split the stitches in half which happens to be 64 total so I got 32 on one and 32 on the other. Front of the sock is on one needle and the back is on the other. You just work the 32 sts from the first sock drop that yarn pick up the yarn for the other sock and knit the 32 sts for that one turn the sock around so your working the other side now and repeat. Once you get the hang of it, its so easy to work both at the same time and you never get the single sock syndrom and all your socks will have partners. Now its only up to you to finish them or you will just half half done partners. hehe

Not entirely why I took this picture just felt I had to, perhaps to show you the inside of the toe? or maybe to show them on the circular needles? I dont know really! But thats me socks as of now.... Again Im writing what Ive done so I can do a pattern if anyone wants..

Now Im off to go shopping and come back and knit on my socks.. Last night I made soup with a little help from Mark and it turned out YUMMIE!!! Having some more tomorrow night just dont fancy more again tonight even though I could... instead Im going to eat it for lunch today. AHAHAHAHAHA Btw, its ham tater cabbage soup with some mixed beans and carrots..... its yummie and thick and loads to much on in it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw! is that a squirrel? I can't wait to see how your socks turn out!
-sp