Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Its soup time...

Well it did stop raining, but its back now, and boy is it getting cold. Okay not as cold as Canada, or well from what my mom told me they are having a high this week of -19c where shes living on her farm..... them poor mini donkies and horse! Oh yeah and poor her and John! :) hehe...
Anyways today we decided that we were going to have a nice tomato bean chicken soup.... YAHOO, I never made fresh before! So yesterday I bought all the tomatoes, all 30 of them! Today I peeled and deseeded them and prepared them in the food processor. Meaning I turned it on to chop them into bits without making mush out of them. That took me 1.5 hours and included the clean up. Not to bad if I say so myself! :) Im getting good at making light work of tomatoes after all the fresh pasta sauce Ive made. But I keep forgetting when dealing with the things that if you have a wee cut on your finger its going to find it and sting from time to time.. Oh well its worth having a yummie meal! Soup is now simmering away so Ill be looking to eat in a couple of hours. Cant beat a nice warm fresh bowl of soup! :)
So anyways enough about weather and food I know what you guys want.. you want to hear about knitting.... Ive made little progress on my toothpick socks. Maybe thats what I will actually name them!... I have a complete 3 repeats of the 16 row repeat finished. I probably have another one or two to do before I even thinking of doing the short row heel. But its coming along! :) I have also started another project. I know I know Im one to stick to one thing at a time but Im cheating on myself! The other project is something Im not sure about yet, and unfortunately I cant say much about! See Im not sure if Im going to keep it or gift it! I know I know thats being selfish! But I like spoiling myself! :) So depending what I decide to do Ill let you all know more! :)
I want to eventually get into town and buy the knitting pattern a day calender. We have a new store that opened up and it sells loads of calenders and I spotted the knitting one! So soon that will be mine... I also want to get Mark one that has facts and pictures on space... It just looks cool and hes interested in that sort of stuff, my only problem is would he use it? Or would it sit in the corner of his desk collecting dust.. hmm.. Ill have to think some more....
Thats about it for now... Off to go stir the soup... :) oh yeah and knit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so good! I want to tell you a Happy Thanksgiving from the States! And I hope you get snow pretty soon.