Thursday, November 16, 2006

All things fun...

So I took the plunge, I went to the new blogger and then I even went to the new layout style. Okay so it took some fiddling to figure out how to get the site meter in there, and then again how to try and add a picture to the side bar.. but all in all I am happy. Hey look I changed the colours of the fonts and all that, Now that makes me HAPPY! I like pinks and pretty things and now Im all pretty, AWWW. :)
Watching tv this morning I spotted a fashion bit that made me laugh. Wearing a sweat jacket and gym shoes (trainers) with a nice fancy party dress. Now see this makes me happy that its cool to do that, I shall run out and go buy me a new party dress, sweat jacket, and trainers! HAAH YEAH RIGHT! As much as I dont need an excuse to get dressed up I would NEVER wear trainers with a dress, no matter how much I HATE heels, only because I cant find ones I wont break my neck in... But man how good is that to know you can walk around in gym shoes and your party dress and know you look cool??? Come on everyone should go out and do it, be like nations party trainer day or something? HAHAHAHA
So the socks are socking along SLOWLY! Who knew that knitting with 2mm needles would be like knitting with toothpicks every move you make afraid your going to snap the things in half! I was doing only 1 row for a couple of days, and then yesterday I did like 6 rows.. I know moving FAST.... about fast as a turtle anyways. haha It is coming along and I cant wait to have them finished, love the look, and the blue I am using. Its a Rowan 4ply Soft, OMG! I need to make a sweater with this stuff, okay will take AGES to make but its so SOFT and LOVELY! and I can see myself cuddled up with my socks and sweater in it on the couch on a coldish day... okay so it may be NEXT year by the time its finished but who cares!....
Off to start dinner, a nice long slow cooked stew, yummie! Then Im going to knit another row on the socks. :)

2 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

Looking very pretty in pink! It never occurred to me until I knitted a pair of socks for my teenage son that there are as many stitches in a pair of socks in 4-ply as there are in a chunky jumper ... no wonder it takes so long to knit the things!

Anonymous said...

OOOO! I love your layout - simple but unique. I can never seem to find something unique for me. I know what you mean by slow socks.
-SP