Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Coming along...

My computer is still in the corner collecting dust and I am still using Marks computer, so this is going to be a pictureless post I do however have the picture on my camera so once I finish the sweater I suppose I iwll just have to install MY toys on Marks computer so that I can put the pictures up and crop them and resize them to manageable proportions.
Anyways......
I have finished the body of my grey alpaca vneck sweater. It looks GREAT! Well to me anyways. I used 5 balls minus the little ends I got to weave in. I have started the left sleeve didnt really do to much on it yesterday but I am working on it. :) The body goes just to the right place with an inch rib at the bottom of it so that it doesnt curl up. The vneck bit goes rather deeply down to my chest so its going to look lovely and smart with a nice button up shirt underneath or rather casual and relaxed with a bit of a tee under it... I cant wait until its all finished so I can wear it! :)
What I have learned so far.. Alpaca is lovely feeling and soft and FLUFFY! Make sure your not wearing anything that you dont mind brushing off after you have finished knitting. And if knitting on your bed make sure to brush off all hairs off the bed so that you dont sniff them up your nose of eat them in your sleep from cuddling up in the blankets.... Yes I have done both this last week! HAHAHA Will I make other sweaters with alpaca after this one? Well so far I have to say YES!!! I really do love it that much! :)
Now I just gotta finish my two sleeves and then I get to sort myself out two pairs of socks. Of course for me theres nothing like jumping in head first. I got the simple toe up method of sock making off of knitty printed out and its sitting next to the bed with my ultimate stitch pattern book and Ive been looking over the patterns theres a couple that I wouldnt mind doing I just have to figure out WHICH one I want to do. Then make my swatch, follow the maths and start my socks! I will be doing the toe up and I will be working both at the same time. Like I said, nothing like jumping in head first! :)
So off we go to knit some more of my sleeve....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sound busy! Can't wait to see the alpaca sweater, definitely load up whatever you need on Mark's computer and show us this beaut :) xx