Monday, March 03, 2008

Its a start

I have been doing a bit of knitting and started myself a cardigan from some wool I bought from ebay. Its coned 4ply pure wool. What type or who from I dont know. It was pretty I fancied it so I bought it. :) That sometimes happens with me!

HPIM0705
Its Serrano-ish from Knitty. Its an -ish because Ive decided I didnt want the flame pattern in there and instead I wanted the lace all flowing the same direction. I dont know why I wanted that I just did!
HPIM0708
So I took 2 sts out of the pattern because those were the extra to make it swoosh back and fourth and started knitting. Im past the decreases and have started the waist increases. Its a really easy pattern and even easier now that Im only doing half the chart. Dont even need the pattern with me when knitting so its great telly knitting when I can be bothered to pick it up!
Shh dont tell my knitting I am still cheating on it and just sitting there doing nothing while watching telly....
But eventually I will have a cardigan! :) I bought the wool off of ebay and it didnt give a yardage with it. And I just couldnt be bothered to measure some out and weigh it so instead Im just going with it and hoping Ive got enough. When I get to the sleeves Ill decide if I want 3/4 length or normal I suppose then I will have to work out how much wool Ive got. Well that or I could just knit with blind faith? Ive done that plenty in the past! :)
Ive got what should be enough for one more cardigan off of ebay in some blue 100% DK weight wool from Latvia for another cardigan. I swear I shouldnt be allowed on ebay when I feel like spending money its deadly! But thats my wool bought for a while. Because other then that cardis worth Ive got enough for two pairs of socks one that will turn into a pair for Mister and one that will be a self (hopefully) designed pair for myself. :) but of course I still have my hippos to finish before starting those pairs. One day Ill get my quick knitting mojo back.. But until then I shall knit on my cardi and have a cuff of my second hippo sitting there waiting.

5 comments:

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

that is nice Jenn and sometimes its fun to gamble with the mileage:)))

Anonymous said...

That's going to look great!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh so far it looks perdy!!
Can't wait to see the finished results chickie!!!
hugs, Bonnie

Unknown said...

beautiful, Jenn

Anonymous said...

it looks so delicate, can't wait to see the finished item! i'm rubbish at lace oatterns - too much can go wrong when i stop concentrating...