Tuesday, February 26, 2008

MS3 Finished Pictures

I think my MS3 has been the most photographed project Ive ever done. Here are some pictures after blocking.
secondhalf
Theres the right side showing
HPIM0698
Theres the wrong side showing.
HPIM0700
I dont do grafting. I did a three needle bind off to show it I took a picture of the right side here
HPIM0699
and heres the wrong side. to me I think it looks alright. The only problem I have is the fact that my dyelots even though they said they were the same were actually VERY DIFFERENT!
HPIM0696
Now Im just showing off how pretty it could have been
HPIM0693
Do you see the difference how one side is lighter and one side is MUCH darker? Im eventually going to dye it. I just dont know how to? Its Merino, will it take dye even though its already been dyed by Malabrigos company?? Whats the best dye to use? I just want to do it black and I can easily get ahold of some Dylon in town. Would that work? Im so miffed about the colour lots becuase I think its beautiful but I wont wear it out because of how mismatched it is! *sniff*
But isnt she pretty??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's gorgeous, i can't believe how patient you've been with her!

Kerry said...

It's absolutely magnificent! I should think you would have no trouble overdying but I've never done it myself so I can't swear to it. I have seen pieces on other blogs that have been done and have worked out perfectly. The best thing to do when working with hand dyed yarns is to work 2 rows with one skein then 2 rows with another. It really helps to blend them together. I can't wait to see what you decide to do. It's going to be spectacular no matter what you do. :-)

Anonymous said...

snif snif.. it's gorgeous!! Well done.

Anonymous said...

They might had been the same dyelot, actually. But because they proabbly start in different parts of the sequence they don't line up perfectly with different part of the sequence next to each other. I hope I'm making sense to you.

In any case, the dye should have no problem cathing on. One thing to look out for while dyeing is the possibility of it felting while dyeing, since its merino.

Anonymous said...

Heya Jenn,
Just dropping by to say HI!!
Gorgeous knitting there girl!!
Keep up the great work!!!
Did you feel the earthquake there?
I have friends in Ketterting/North Hamptonshire and Huddersfield that felt it. 4 point something??
Hope everything is well with you.
Hugs, Bonnie

KnitYoga said...

That's just GORGEOUS, Jenn!! Makes me want to make another in a dark colour!

Soo said...

The stole looks great!!! I made the asymmetrical version, but I really like this one as well.

What a shame aobout the colours though. I'm sure overdying it will work fine.