Friday, July 10, 2009

Quickly Quickly

I finished the first of my Travelers Socks from Knitting on the Road by Nancy Bush
http://twitpic.com/9oqnz
Sorry I just took that the other day and put it in twitter instead of flickr so its just a link instead of a pic. but go look! :) I cast on 70 stitches did the first bit of the pattern decreased 2 stitches and then did the first chart for the leg and then went ahead and did the heel and foot plain. I was going to bring the pattern down the top of the foot but in tthe end decided to just leave it plain and show off the colours of the wool. :)
Ive also started my Christmas Knitting... yep you heard that right starting in July!
http://twitpic.com/9tii2
Its the Double Border Scarf from Victorian Lace Today. I read about trying to get your head around the pattern and remembering what side is supposed to be what row from Ravelry. And once I realised thats where people were having issues I made sure to note which was which and Ive been knitting happily away on it. :) will be making 4 of these and I will be very happily sick of the pattern just like I was with the Melon Scarfs I knit 2 years ago! :) Using some very nice King Cole Anti Tickle Merino 100% New Wool for these that I got off of ebay. Its really nice! I will have to get more for some other projects when Im finshed and Ive knit my other sock and two cardigans Ive got planned... *sigh* not enough hours in the day to get all the knitting done I want!

No comments: