Thursday, August 28, 2008

Knitting here Knitting there Knitting EVERYWHERE!

I finished the Road to Golden well in time! :) But it took 3 days to dry completely and then I forgot to take pictures during the day so did them at night and am only getting around to posting them tonight..
HPIM0921
thats the front and this is the back
HPIM0923
The yarn came from New Lanark Mills. Its 100% pure wool except for the apricot thats got 10% silk in it.
I LOVE THIS SWEATER!!!! I cant believe it went so quickly as well. Watched the olympics and knitted away and I was able to do both without messing up! :) I was able to hold and carry both yarns (you work with only 2 at a time) at the same time because I am able to knit both by picking and throwing the yarn (same can not be said for my purl stitches!)

HPIM0924
A baby sweater for my Auntie Rosemarie well not for her as so much for her and her hubbys little bundle of blue baby joy on its way. I think they already have a name picked out I just cant remember what it is. But that sweater took 2 or was it 3 days to sort out annd finish. :) All I have left is sewing on the buttons and weaving in the ends.

HPIM0932
Im deciding if the mittens from Vogue Knitting fall 2008 #3 Green Autumn are going to be knit simple and quick enough to make for Christmas gifts for the ladies this year. So far Im loving this pattern! :) 2 days worth of work here (well thats after knitting the entire cuff before admiting it was just way to big!)

HPIM0934
Another picture of the glove with a slightly truer colouring. Really I just like showing off!

HPIM0928
and the inside of the hand. No its not really tight on my thumb Im just using a very small saftey pin to hold my stitches because its what I had to hand at the moment.
If these go as fast as I think they should (hopefully meaning Ill have the hand finished tomorrow) then these will be for the ladies and Ill have to find something super quick to knit for the men then.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your sweater! I can't wait to see how your mittens go.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you are so clever! I love your sweater, it looks great on you.

I hope you're doing well girly.
XXXX

felinity said...

That sweater is absolutely stunning. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Girl! You rocked it out! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

the sweater is beautiful, love those mittens too.

Anonymous said...

That sweater looks like two different tops - beautiful. You've been very busy!