Friday, April 18, 2008

Brompton is finito

I have had a fantastic last two days. :) My sweetie took some time off of work and we just laid around the house relaxing... But I was relaxing in my newly finished blue cardigan! WOO HOO! oh you want to see it do you? :)
bluesweater
I was outside thats why it was buttoned all the way up I dont have it like that when Im inside I leave the top two or three undone and it just looks nicer but that wind yesterday was a bit cold! This sweater went QUICK! heres some specs on it. :)
Brompton by Alice Bell
Used 4.0mm on the edge and 5.5mm on the body and arms.
made an inbetweeny size because of the change in needles. My basket weave looks NOTHING like hers looks a bit like a broken rib pattern to be honest but I loved it thats why I didnt bother doing anything to sort that out the second time I knit it.
Yes I said second time because I had to rip my first attempt out it was WAY to tight of a gauge and I was running out of wool.
The wool was some stuff off of ebay. 100% wool was a little scratchy to work with but I think its turned out alright once it got knitted up.
I would knit this again because its simple and quick. even sewing down the button bands was easy! :)

I still havent sorted that zipper out for my black sorranoish cardigan. Hopefully I will get around to that in the next few days and buy the correct sort of zipper!
I did cut out the dress I wanted to make I did sew it together but I also made a HUGE mistake and need to undo the side seams and fix it yes I sewed it to small thats what I get for trying to rush! Its in the naughty corner (maybe I should be there instead since its not the dresses fault?) right now and soon as I stop being mad at it Ill sort it.
I got 19 Minutes by Jodi Picoult its her newest book out. I love reading her books! Started that the other day but didnt read much yesterday of it because there was some things on telly I wanted to watch so finally my hippo socks are getting worked on again and making some progress I MIGHT actually finish those one day now!
alright theres your catch up.. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so lovely! It's great that the two of you got to spend some time together. Can't wait to see the dress.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love that color!!

Anonymous said...

that blue is gorgeous, it makes it feel like spring (just don't look outside...) x

Yeah So said...

Looks really great!

Anonymous said...

I want to tell you to look for a package from me towards the end of the week or middle of next. I sent it out last Friday.

Unknown said...

Great shade of blue.

I too read Jodi's books. I am reading second Glance at the moment but have several of her books in my bed drawer waiting to be read, inc 19 mintues.
I have just finished Minnette Walters' latest, teh Chamelon's Shadow. She is a 'crime writer' but not like any other. I love her books

Anonymous said...

Ilove it!! It looks so cute on you, you've made me want to add another thing to my TO-Knit list! xx